Sunday, June 9, 2013

Searching the Harold B. Lee Library


 
Watching Dr. Burton maneuver through BYU Library’s web site, I just knew it would be interesting and help me find some information for my thesis paper.  What I did not know is how long it was going to take me to find any information at all.  I spent hours trying to find something  about “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost.                                  
I   f  i  n  a  l  l  y  was successful in finding Poetry Criticism by Ed. Michelle Lee. Bol. 71. Detroit: Thomson Gale, 2006. 
BYU Library

I think I found what I had been searching for—an explanation for how Frost was able to craft his poem so as to create personal reactions in readers that caused them to interpret the poem in their own way. 


I also found Emily Dickinsons Lexicon that had Noah Webster's 1844 American Dictionary of the English Language (ADEL) that is right from BYU.  I found much of the site difficult to manage, and it took a long time.  I'm sure it has everything to do with my computer skills.

The main thing is that I was successful in finding help with what I was searching for and I emailed the site to myself, so I can access it easier.  I have been reading it to see how I can use the information to help me prove the thesis in my paper.

BYU’s Harold B. Lee Library is an amazing resource for all who are privileged enough to have access to it.  I just need to get better at using it on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment