Thursday, May 2, 2013

Non-fiction literature

I love non-fiction literature, I’ve always felt it was more raw, and it effects me deeper than made-up fairy tales. I look forward to some of the opportunities to read this kind of literature in this class. There is great literature in every genre, though.  I don’t usually care much about the story, or the hero getting the girl, rather I care more about descriptive imagery, and unique portrayals.  Sometimes I think my favorite authors must sit and think, “what is the weirdest way I can describe a person making eggs?” That’s why I hope to get into this semester. I like strange.

Hopefully I have the mind or the ideas for this class, or at least I’d like to think I do, but I know the actual technique, and quickness will be a struggle (I would be embarrassed to tell you how long this post took me). I’ve got some experience analyzing literature, and I’ve been going to school for a while, so I think I’ll get through just fine. Here’s to a great semester!  


3 comments:

  1. I've never really been attracted to non-fiction literature, but you've spiked my interest! I think that generally I am not very familiar with the genre, and I am unaware of the many great things about it. I like that you describe it as "raw" because one of the things that I like about fiction is the way that it helps us understand human nature as portrayed by a particular author, but non-fiction literature can perhaps portray this even better! And I am sure that you will do great this term as you assimilate what your background with analyzing literature with all that we will learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I heard "nonfiction" all I could ever think was reading a history book. You're perception has helped me to have more interest in the genre. Just like Sined, I never really took anytime to get to know the nonfiction literature genre which is probably why I have such a bias of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Success thus far. I thoroughly enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete